Coordinator of Children’s Ministry
The Children’s Ministry Camp Coordinator is responsible for all programs at Family Fest’s Winter Weekends and Summer Splash family camps for kids, infant through 3rd grade. The coordinator will come up with program design, recruit volunteers to be part of the team, and will work with the KCs (Kid’s Counselors) to implement the program.
- Has a personal, active and growing relationship with God.
- Energetic, warm and able to share the love of Jesus with children and leaders.
- Has an understanding of child development and faith development.
- Creative and self-motivated.
- Because this ministry is multi-denominational, this person should be very open to working with the common beliefs of different denominations.
- Must be available to be at all three camps throughout the year.
Camps: Family Fest operates camp on three weekends throughout the year.
- Summer Splash – Usually the second Wednesday of August to the following Sunday.
- Winter Weekend One – Martin Luther King Weekend – Friday through Monday
- Winter Weekend Two – President’s Weekend – Friday through Monday.
- Develop bible-based faith program for various age groups.
- Recruit and train a team of volunteers to help develop the program.
- Work with KC Coordinator to plan training and figure out KC needs.
- Help train the KC’s (Kid’s Counselors) prior to each camp.
- Oversee the program throughout the weekend. Make sure KCs are implementing the program as designed. Make adjustments as needed.
- Develop a budget for program.
- Make purchase needed for program.
- Responsible for health and safety of campers in program, making sure precautions are made for kid’s allergies.
- Communicate with parents regarding program questions or concerns.
- Work with Family Fest director to coordinate kid’s programs with family program.
- Check-in on and encourage volunteers throughout the weekends.
- 10-12 hours per week for 3 months at a time— (Generally May 15 – August 15 and November 15 – February 15).
- Please send letter or email of interest along with resume to Family Fest Ministries, 140 West 98th Street, STE 206, Bloomington, MN 55420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.